The ’70s are up and trending, and blue eyeshadow is huge this year. We’ve seen it preferred by the designers at fashion shows of Diane von Furstenberg, Chanel, Missoni, Giambattista Vali, Marc Jacobs and more… And who says that the color of the season is not exactly grateful for everyday makeup? Here are 8 steps to perfect wearing blue eyeshadows.
1. Apply primer on your eyelids. In addition to ensuring that eyeshadow stays in place, it will make the color more alive and vibrant.
2. Apply the blue eyeshadow with the brush you use by gentle tapping your eyelid to get the highest possible concentration of color. Apply intensively to the fold of the eyelid, above which you start blending the color.
3. Paint lower eyelid along the entire length of the eye up to the tear duct.
4. Conceal dark circles around the eyes in more orange, like salmon-hued concealer. More orangey concealer will cover well any blue under your eyes, and prevent clown effect. Better to put your concealer and foundation after you are done with the eyes so the eyeshadow that fell doesn’t stick to it.
5. Soothe the color on the edges of the upper and lower eyelid with a cotton swab. It should look as if the color fades.
6. Line the inner side of the upper and lower eyelids. This is the step you can do before putting eyeshadow.
7. Contour your face, but do not add blush. When you have blue eyeshadow you do not need any other color in your makeup.
8. For the lips just use your favorite balm for a soft look.
For more amazing makeup tips follow us on Pinterest!
We only recommend products that we genuinely loved. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.