Korea is the beating heart of beauty innovation. It seems like a new product emerges every month and everyone goes into a frenzy. With big retailers such as Costco and Sephora jumping onto the bandwagon, this trend is here to stay!
It’s not just all hype and no substance. K-beauty products are some of the most innovative makeup and beauty products in the market right now. They offer innovation, gentle ingredients, pleasing and often very fun packaging.
What do Korean beauty products do differently?
- Skincare: Famous for their 10-step daily skin routine (seriously, there are 10 steps), Koreans take skincare VERY seriously. Maintaining a youthful glow is one of their top goals, and they’re owning it.
- Innovation: The Korean market is super competitive, so they’re always coming up with new products that give consumers the most bang for their buck.
- The adventure factor: Their target consumers aren’t afraid to experiment a little. So you’ll definitely see some products you wouldn’t normally find in the western market.
- Eco-friendliness: Companies know that unpronounceable ingredients don’t hold much sway with the public, so they focus on making eco-friendly products with natural ingredients.
- Versatility: Why buy two products when you can get the same results with just one? Top selling products often have two or more different functions.
Because these products are becoming more and more famous, you don’t have to search far and wide to find them anymore. In fact, a quick search on Sephora will bring up over a hundred Korean makeup and skincare products.
Here’s a run-down of our current favorite Korean beauty products:
Neogen Pink Cactus Hydramax Knit Mask
Prickly pear cactus and vitamin C in this thick, woven mask work to both hydrate and brighten skin in 20 minutes or less. The thicker fabric encourages deeper penetration of actives — and yes, feels more secure and less slippy that flimsier cuts. $6 (sokoglam.com)
M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++
Originally developed as a salve for patients after laser treatment. BB Cream’s soothing and regenerative properties were adapted for cosmetics to improve skin while providing coverage. The M Perfect Cover BB Cream is Missha’s most popular product with over 30 million sold worldwide. $13.20 misshouse.com
Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream
Suitable for every skin type, this is one powerful cream that will change any cream any day. And it is without any of the harmful ingredients. $60.00 sephora.com
CLIO Waterproof Brush Liner
Lauded as one of the longest lasting eyeliners on the market, CLIO’s Kill Black liner is a force to be reckoned with. Club Clio’s Waterproof Pen eyeliner feels like writing with a felt tip—and goes on in one streak. What more do you need for an eyeliner? $22.00 birchbox.comToo Cool For School Egg Mellow Cream.
Related: 25 Vegan Makeup Brands you MUST TRY !
This firming moisturizer works as a serum, priming moisturizer, eye cream, neck cream, and sleeping mask in one. It’s highly enriched with egg yolk extract, albumen (egg white) extract, and inka omega oil to provide intensive nourishment to the skin. It is also infused with collagen fiber to support the appearance of more elastic skin. $43.00 sephora.com
Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask
Bubble masks are taking over social media! These masks fizz and foam and make bubbles. Carbonated water gives a soft massage to pores. An adsorptive power of Charcoal and mud removes excessive sebum clearly. Clay mud and charcoal powder removes makeup dirt and tightens pores at the same time. Perfectly clear skin results you will see quite fast. $10.10 amazon.com